Friday, December 19, 2003

Boom. Blow to online music piracy fight. Blam.

Ker-wheeee.

Never mind the Parmalat, I'm still trying to figure out how things work:

"The figures in the Bank's latest Quarterly Bulletin do not point to a looming debt crisis, such as a sudden slowdown in borrowing that would cause a sharp fall in consumer spending. But they do highlight the vulnerability of a significant minority of borrowers, particularly those on low incomes."

Still not convinced that "Large amounts of borrowing and spending = strong pound" - can the offset from our trade deficit really be made up (plus some) by people's debts? I'm sure I'm missing something else - maybe we're not actually that bad at exporting, or maybe we're just on the lagged part of the J-Curve, or maybe I have something else fundamentally wrong/missing.

I'm definitely lacking a "comments" link ;)

No comments: