Friday, July 30, 2004

No more Pier

Arse, English Heritage pulls the pier's plug. I'm sure many people have lots to say about the political situation surrounding this... personally, I reckon it'd be fun to extract it, and install it in a big field somewhere in the middle of nowhere. That should confuse future archaelogists.

Meanwhile, there also seems to be some kind of bomb warning or somesuch going on in town - police and fire people were gathering outside the coffee shop where I was having my lunch, redirecting traffic away and generally being quite calm. When I asked a policeywoman what was going on, she said something about "just a scare, probably", which amused me :) Been attempting to collect thoughts on such violence, and threats thereof, in my locality, so maybe I'll get round to caging them up in words as well soon.

No comments: