Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Grab Bag

Wow, has it really been over a week since I posted that last post? Wow, things move quickly when you're busy. I wanted to note the pending arrival of the YouTube anti-piracy filtering system as something pretty dramatic - namely, once this is in place on YouTube, why can't it be extended to include Google's entire websearch cache? I suspect this is what will get pushed for once the technology exists, although it'll be a little while until we see it. I suspect Google will let others do it.

Other sporadic and disjointed thoughts...
  • Watched King Kong (1976), Independence Day (again) and The Day After Tomorrow ("finally") in the last week. What is up with Americans blowing their own stuff up? It's almost as if they build huge things to advertise their ability to defend them - which brings us to the handicap principle. Does the incessant focus on blowing up national monuments and large towers betray their fascination with their own demise, a secret self-loathing at forcing themselves to be so goddamned defensive? Ah, who knows. I just know it makes for godawful films.

  • Need to sort out internet. But am I missing something? What's the catch?

  • Many phone calls to change address recently, but no Indian/Eastern call centres. In fact, very little aggro on the whole (except Southern Water and their cheesemo waiting music). Maybe it was the time of day - I thought I sensed some dutch accents.

  • Woo, 65days.

No comments: