Saturday, May 09, 2015

Sending the tao via tinyletter

Sign up here


I've been thinking about playing with Tinyletter for a while, and finally found time to have a look following moving house (more on that soon?) and generally having no idea.

Here is Grey and White Pebbles then - short, infrequent emails capturing a slice of something I can only call taoism for convenience, but (hopefully) without too much of the dubious western fetishism that seems to go along with it. Partly long-form haiku, partly verbose photo montage, but mostly reflecting my own observations on the coincidences and forces of stuff, taking things like Lao Tzu, Chuang Tzu, and the I Ching as a guide, yadda yadda yadda.

I'm enjoying the form for now - there's a simple, achievable mileage in aiming for a triptych-style approach. There's enough text to get my teeth into, but not so much that I can't complete it on my new commute. It'd be great to collate every 10 posts into a book or print-out or something. (Partly inspired by James' new postal experiments.)

Here are the email posts so far, and a link to subscribe when you want to read more.

No comments: