Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Things what have affected my blogging

I liked James' post on blogging so much I decided to comment on it. For irony and anarchy, I'm putting my comment here as a separate post too. I like it and want to share it.

Things what have affected my blogging.

1. Phones and tablets. I hate virtual keyboards with a passion – especially because the “convenience” of reading on a device seems to be totally out of whack with the “inconvenience” of virtual keyboards. Reading blogs is ok. Writing them and commenting on them is a pain. Maybe I should get a bluetooth keyboard or something.

2. Microblogging and long form. Twitter and gnu social have really cut it into my short short posts. On the other hand, I don’t have the time or patience for longer articles any more. So the nature of my blogging is somewhere in the middle, which is probably less content overall. Maybe I should get back into microblogging via my blog instead of other places. I use to post links to my blog, instead of to Twitter.

3. Ubiquitous content. I’m slowly rekindling my love of manually duplicating posts and my own content – I run/ran some automatic piping from one source to another, partly to save time and partly to fulfill my bastard database normalisation mindset. I still feel bad if I know someone follows me on multiple channels and there’s the risk they’ll see them same thing twice. BE CANONICAL dammit. no, etc.

4. Kids, obviously.

Oddly, lack of comments or engagement is not a particular influence on my blogging activity. I just like to write.

No comments: