As part of that, I've been letting myself drift through the e-music stacks again, trying to limit myself to about a tenner's worth of varied musics. Last month, I returned to bleep.com and indulged in all the free samples. My 3 picks were:
- Sonne Und Wasser, by H Takahashi: "sun and water... Tokyo-based artist H.Takahashi links these two essential elements for plant growth across four extended works of pulse minimalism". Seemed like a good solarpunk soundtrack.
- Cabora EP, by Angelov: Something more along the cyber-parkour / early hours Wipeout grooves.
- Frozen EP, by Blindsmyth: Not related to the new film sequel release, but three 8+ minute tracks which keep my toe tapping and rhythm going and heart pumping. If I jogged, I'd jog to this.
- Old net chum (ok, and real life fellow ex-colleague and troublemaker) Phil emailed me saying he'd released new album Muerck under his Mentufacturer id - must mail him back to say cheers.
- Old(er) cousin and for-a-while Bitcoin music label conspirator Rupert has released a soundtrack for Dune based on the book - it's been on my radar for ages and finally got a round tuit.
- New discovery via Mastodon (I posted about intermittent networks, someone suggested Hundred Rabbits, and it went from there to @neauoire and an old album called Children of Bramble which has a cool cover and sounds right up my alley.